Dear ZoominKorea supporters:
From the bottom of our hearts, a Big Thank You for giving us your kind support, love, encouragement and words of wisdom to keep us going in 2017!
2017 (what a year!) is coming to a close. Before it does, please consider expressing your love for ZoominKorea once again by making a year-end contribution.
Scroll to the bottom for instructions on how to give.
For those who give $100 or more by December 31, 2017, we will send you our token of appreciation — this awesome 2018 calendar to help you usher in the new year:
ZoominKorea is an online resource for critical news and analysis on peace and democracy in Korea. In 2017, we brought you:
- Timely updates on voices for peace against Trump’s war threats in Korea (See: “United Against War and White Supremacy: Korean Americans Speak Out”);
- Critical analysis of shifting geopolitics in Northeast Asia—like this analysis by Tim Beal of Abe Shinzo’s victory in Japan’s election and what it means for the broader region: “Abe Pulls if Off, but it will End in Tears”; and
- Analysis of the destabilizing effect of U.S. missile defense—like this report by Will Griffin based on a seminar by scholar JJ Suh and former CIA analyst Ray McGovern: “How U.S. Missile Defense Destabilizes the World”
Your support is our lifeline. We hope you will continue to support us in 2018 so that we can continue to bring you cutting edge reporting on Korea that you won’t find in the corporate media.
HOW TO GIVE:
To make a one-time or recurring donation online, please read the instructions below and CLICK HERE.
- Once you click on the link above, you will be re-directed to our fiscal sponsor’s, Third World Newsreel, donation page.
- Once you have been directed to the donation page, you can indicate the amount and whether you would like to make a one-time or recurring donation.
- Under the item, “Designate your donation to a specific program or fund,” please write, “Zoom.”
- Once you have completed the donation form, you can click the “Check Out” button at the very bottom.
To send a donation by mail:
Write your check to Third World Newsreel. In the memo section, please be sure to indicate that the donation is for ZoominKorea by writing — “ZOOM.”
Checks can be mailed to:
Thank you again. Lotsa luv and happy holidays!
From the ZoominKorea staff
Featured News & Articles
The historic DPRK-U.S. summit concluded with the release of a joint statement. “President Trump committed to provide security guarantees to the DPRK, and Chairman Kim Jong Un reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.” Following the conclusion of the summit meeting, Trump held a press conference at which he mentioned his desire to stop U.S. war games with South Korea.read more
Less than a day away from the DPRK-U.S. Summit in Singapore, Representative Ro Khanna sent a letter to the White House emphasizing diplomacy as the only only option in resolving the conflict with North Korea. The letter comes just a week after Senator Schumer urged Trump to demand complete denuclearization from North Korea before giving anything in return.read more